Tidal Flap Gates
Features & Benefits:
- Pre-installed onTomher HDPE Spiral Pipe
- Designed and fabricated with stainless steel for structural strength
- Range of sizes to suit Tomher HDPE Spiral Pipes from 12 inches to 60 inches
- Other sizes available – please inquire
- Adjustable hinges to optimize gate action and sealing
- Good abrasion resistance
- Good impact resistance
- Tough and durable yet flexible
- Low friction moulded surfaces
- Easy & quick installation
- Corrosion resistant even in the roughest condition
How It Works:
With a small differential pressure on the back of the gate, our tidal flap gate opens automatically to allow discharge. When the head is greater on the face side of the gate, the flap closes automatically to prevent backflow. The flap gate allows drainage following one direction only, preventing back flow of fluid into the channel. Widely used in easily flooded agricultural areas, our tidal flap gate prevents water from inundating your crops. Our flap gate models have flat backs, allowing them to be easily mounted to pipe flanges or head walls. No lifting device is required at all.
The Meridian Plantation Sdn Bhd (Sabah, Malaysia) is currently using our tidal flap gates in their Paitan and Mermahat Estates.